Thursday, December 11, 2003

Games People Play

Before I dive into the topic o' the day...I need to publicly question the staff at my daughter's school. My daughter, K, is in second grade and today was scheduled to be the big holiday lunch where parents can come have lunch with their kids. Second graders go at 11:10 which is a bit early for lunch, but hey, I won't complain. So I leave work to get there on time, only to learn that because of yesterday's snow day, the holiday lunch is postponed until tomorrow. Apparently, they tried calling everyone who had signed up, but since no one was home this morning, I (obviously) didn't find out until I got there.

Now here's the messed up part...they were STILL calling people when I was there!!! Ummm...don't you think it's a little bit late for that?! (I'm also confused as to why YESTERDAY'S snow day had any bearing whatsoever on TODAY'S scheduled holiday lunch.)

It's not a real big deal in the grand scheme of things, but just doesn't make much sense.

And, besides, now I'll get to have lunch with my daughter for two days in a row. Yea!

On second thought...I'll save my games comment for later tonight.

Until Next Time...(should I start signing off as UNT?)

|