Thursday, December 11, 2003

Games: Take Two

Not much going on since earlier today...had some great chicken marsala that my wife made for dinner. After that, played checkers with my oldest and a Blue's Clues card game with all three kids...it was quite entertaining. There aren't too many games that I can play with all three kids so it was pretty fun.

And that's as good of a segue as you're going to get from me.

I've always loved playing games...board games, card games, video games, trivia games...if there's a chance for me to compete, I'll go all out.

Without question, my all-time favorite game is Monopoly. I have about 5 or 6 different Monopoly games that I own and am always looking to expand my collection. Someday, I hope to get the Franklin Mint edition...but it will have to be after the kids are long gone.

Since I only have a handful of people reading this blog right now, I apologize in advance for the fact that I'll be posting something like this again later on as the readership grows.

But my question to those of you now is...what's your favorite game to play? Break it down in to Board Game, Video Game and if there's some other category, let me know that as well. Feel free to list more than one.

If you could, leave them in the Comments section so that everyone can see the results of my informal study.

For me...favorite video game was always Galaga. As far as more current video games though, I love Madden Football on EA Sports. Basically, I can't wait for my kids to get old enough for me to justify buying a game console that I can play too.

For the board games, when I was growing up, I always had to make deals with my brother to get him to agree to play Monopoly. He loved Life, so I'd agree to play two games of Life for one game of Monopoly...stuff like that.

Other games that we played a lot as kids were Payday, Boggle, Scrabble, Battleship, Risk, Uno...I'm sure there are others.

With my kids...we'll play Trouble a fair amount and Monopoly Jr. As they get older and can understand rules a little better, I'm sure there will be a lot more family game time in our house. For now, I just enjoy the time we do spend playing games.

That's enough rambling for now.

Until Next Time...

|