Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Well...here goes nothing! I've been reading blogs for the past six months and thought it was about time I got around to starting one myself.

What can you expect from my blog?
Random thoughts mostly...my interests lie primarily in sports, music, the occasional book, anything pop culture-related, friends and of course my family.

So who am I?
I'm a 30-something guy with a beautiful wife and three great kids...been married for 10 years. I am currently in sales and am always on the lookout for new opportunities. The one thing I've learned during my career is that you need to look out for number one (and in case you didn't know, that's me).

By way of background, as the name indicates, I'm a big sports fan and was a journalism major in college with a desire to go into sports broadcasting...that career ended at the college radio station where I was lucky enough to do some play-by-play calling for one of the greatest college teams in the country, the Kansas Jayhawks! (I realized that there's not much money in early-career sports broadcasting and opted to go the corporate route.) I still love sports and someday hope to find time to do additional broadcasting or even PA announcing for high school or small college sporting events. If it turns into something bigger...that'd be great too.

I love to meet and hear back from other people, so please use the comments section to your hearts content! At some point, I'll try to learn more about this blogging thing and how to link to other blogs I read and, hopefully, they will link back to me.

With that, I'll end this post, and will be back with more in the very near future.

In the words of the immortal Bartle & Jaymes, "Thanks for your support."

|