Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Bowlin', Bowlin', Bowlin'

Yep...that's what I did last night for the first time in many, many months. I subbed on my friend Don's team with Don, Dan and Jim. I bowled alright, but should have done better. I also had to intentionally not strike in the 10th frame of the last game so that we'd be sure to win the first game with enough handicap. (I know...you're thinking that I would have been enough of a handicap for any team.)

After that, I went home showered to get the cigarette smoke stench off of me and watched the end of the KU basketball game.

Things are slowly starting to pick up for me here at work as I have a few projects to work on. And one final note on my "old job"...I re-looked at the numbers again and I am within 40K of the next two highest reps. Goddamn, that's annoying.

To make things even better, some idiot moved our sales meeting from 9:30 this morning and thought it would be better to have it from 11:30-12:30. Gee...that makes a lot of fucking sense!!!

I also heard from the main company that I want to work for and we've scheduled a 30-minute call for tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me! And, in other news, another friend and former client of mine has forwarded my resume to the sales director of the KC office. Man, I have great friends!

But wait...it gets better!

Just got a call from the garage and it's something relatively minor and is only going to be about $200! Considering that it was the engine light that came on, I was fearing a much higher bill.

And tonight, I get a free dinner courtesy of my mom who's coming into town.

Right now...all things considered...life is good.

I'm off to my meeting now.

Until Next Time...

|