Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Commence Commenting!

Well I've moved over to HaloScan with the comments. I figure if they're good enough for Charlie, then they're good enough for me.

Although...for the record, I still liked the old comments better.

Anyway...

So I'm "working" from home this afternoon. Really! I am! Well...except for right this very second.

I have kid duty while my wife is off teaching Brownies how to make musical instruments out of tin cans. Now if she could teach the tin cans how to make brownies...then we'd be on to something!

Yesterday afternoon we had our semi-annual company meeting...what a complete waste. There is nothing that was communicated there that couldn't have been said in an e-mail. And, to make it even more fun, I ended up sitting next to my old boss that pulled me out of my sales position. Man that sucks.

Overall, though, yesterday was an active day on the job hunt front. I got e-mails from the two companies I'm most interested in working for telling me that things are moving more slowly than they'd like, but I am still being considered, so yea for me!

I also heard back from two companies via Monster applications that I submitted and I completed a four-part screening test online last night for one of them. (The other one had an AOL address for me to send my resume to. I don't know about you, but I'm only going to send my resume to a corporate e-mail address.)

So please keep your fingers crossed for me on the job search.

No big plans for the rest of the day...I did go work out yesterday at lunch and would like to go to the gym again tonight. Competing for that time will be the 2-hour finale of Celebrity Poker Showdown. I'll probably miss most of it while putting the kids to bed, so I'll have to catch a re-run later.

Oh yeah...I also kinda promised my daughter, K, that we'd play Clue tonight after dinner. I gotta say that is a fun game and even a 7-year-old can play.

I've rambled on long enough.

Until Next Time...

|