Monday, January 05, 2004

Day 1

Well...today's the day that I start the new job.

Before I completely let go of my "old" job, let me re-state my frustration with the situation. After all is said and done with 2003, I ended the year just 50K behind the 4th rep and 30K behind the 5th rep and about 200K ahead of the last-place rep. That's just over 4K per month difference...in other words NOTHING!!!!

But I'm moving on and have kept a pretty positive attitude so far today...offered to take on new projects while they figure out what the hell they want me to do here. In the meantime, I'm anxiously awaiting a phone call from the company I really want to work for. The guy is supposed to call me today to set up an interview.

I also want to say a public thank you to all of my friends and colleagues who have been so supportive. Admittedly, many of them don't know about this blog, but they've been great. Last night, I spent 30 minutes on the phone with a former co-worker who saw the light a year ago and got the hell out of Dodge and she's going to get me the names of several recruiters and introduce me to some new people. God bless people like her.

Right now, I'm on the "neighbor's" wireless network posting this blog. (Why take unnecessary chances, right?) I'll probably do the same thing this afternoon from the comfy confines of a conference room where I can actively search for jobs this afternoon. I have one meeting and that's about it for work stuff today.

Well...I'm off to take my car to get checked out at a friend of a friend's garage for the first time. Hopefully, I've finally found someone I trust to fix my car without screwing me.

And, by the way, I'd just like to encourage you to go visit some of the other blogs on my Blogroll...I need to add some more, but those are a good start!

Until Next Time...

|