Friday, January 30, 2004

Friday Five

Here's this week's Friday Five! I think it's going to be a good one.

You have just won one million dollars:

1. Who do you call first?
Assuming my wife is with me at the time and already knows, I think I'd probably call my brother so he can help me figure out a fun way to tell our parents.

2. What is the first thing you buy for yourself?
In terms of buying something new, it'd be a new car. The one I drive now is 12 years old...works fine and all, but I'm ready for a new car. The equally important question is what kind of new car.

It might be this Mercedes.

Or the new Nissan 350ZX Convertible.

I'm sure there are others, but those jump to mind.

3. What is the first thing you buy for someone else?

Boy...this question really helped me out because I was about to change my answer to question number two. But now that this is here, I can say that I'd buy a new house for my wife (and me, but for purposes of this question, it's for her). One with at least five bedrooms, a 3-car garage, a finished basement that's big enough for a play area for the kids and a pool table for me.

4. Do you give any away? If yes, to whom?

Absolutely, I would. With a million, I couldn't give away as much as I'd like, but I'd probably give $25k-$50k to each of our siblings to do with what they wish.

5. Do you invest any? If so, how?

Without question...I'd like to invest at least 1/3, if not 1/2, of the money to ensure that we have enough to pay for our kids' college education. I was fortunate enough to have my parents pay for mine and I'd love to do the same for my kids.

In terms of how, I'd find someone else to make that decision since I don't know jack about investments.

That's it for now!

Until Next Time...

|