Thursday, January 29, 2004

IOU

Thanks to Don for pointing out that I never actuallly got around to explaining why he and I are above average pool players.

For me, I was ok at pool during junior high and high school. But it wasn't until I got to college when my game really took off.

Why is that, you might ask.

Quite simply I had what I think is the greatest job in college...and by great, I mean easy.

I worked at the Jaybowl...the bowling alley in the Student Union. This job was awesome...essentially I got paid for doing my homework, watching TV, bowling, playing video games and playing pool. And, oh yeah, we had free sodas too.

Sure, I had to do the whole spraying the shoes thing and had to fix the pinsetters whenever they jammed up, but it was all worth it. Probably the worst part of the job was picking up "spit cups" from the tobacco chewers. That and dragging the lanes at the end of the night.

All in all though, Don and I both played a LOT of pool. And we still have a good time whenever we meet up for lunch.

Anyway...that's it for now.

Until Next Time...

|