Friday, January 02, 2004

May I Take Your Order Please?

Sure! And while you're at it, let's see if you can actually get it right for a change!

I've had more than my fair share of experiences of opening up a bag of food from a fast food chain only to find out that the order is either wrong or incomplete. Of course, every time I actually stop to check the bag before I pull away from the drive-thru window, it's right.

Well, count last night as another one of those times as McD's was about the only place open after 10 on New Year's night. I get home open it up and they managed to put everything on my burger that I didn't want and nothing that I did. (For the record, what I want is a quarter pounder with cheese with ketchup and mustard only.)

So, I go back to the car and drive back up to McD's to go back through the drive-thru to get what I hope to be the right sandwich.

On the way there, I had an epiphany. Now, as my friends will tell you, I'm usually a real nice guy...sometimes polite to a fault. So, in the many times past, I would go through the drive-thru, get to the speaker and explain the situation and pull around and get my food.

This time, though, I decided to just order the correct sandwich and they replied with, "Your total is $2.66, please pull around." And this is exactly what I did.

When I got to the window, the guy tells me it's $2.66 and I cheerily reply, "Actually, I just need to get the right burger instead of the wrong one you gave me when I drove through 20 minutes ago."

He brilliantly comes back with, "So what do you want me to do? You didn't say anything before." And then he closed the window, visibly pissed off and got his 22-year-old manager to take care of it.

I really wanted to tell the first guy (but didn't), now you have a small sense of how I felt after I drove all the fucking way home to open the wrong sandwich. If you don't want to be pissed off by someone bringing back the wrong sandwich, here's an idea...GIVE THEM THE RIGHT FUCKING SANDWICH IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

<>

So anyway, I highly recommend this approach of just ordering the correct version of what they screwed up and wait until you get to the window to tell them they fucked up. Maybe it will make you feel slightly vindicated...I know I did.

Until Next Time...

|