Wednesday, January 21, 2004

New Year's Resolution Update

Can you tell I really don't feel like working today?

Anyway, I've not been doing real good with the working out thing. I've only been getting to the gym about twice per week and it needs to be about double that.

I've been trying to go after the kids go to bed, but other things keep coming up (read: I'm lazy). So in the past few days, I've told myself that I'll get up early and go before work.

The problem is that it's hard to get up early when you're an idiot who stays up 'til 1 or 2 in the morning watching TV or farting around on the computer.

So, with that, I'm going to try a new experiment tonight. I'm going to hit the sack at 11 and set the alarm for 6...that's 7 good hours of sleep...more than I usually get, that's for sure. I'm going to try this for the next several work days. (Weekends are just bad for the workout routine and trying to get to the gym.)

I'd really like to be one of those guys who gets up at 6:00, full of energy, has time to have breakfast, watch the news/read a newspaper, then go workout before heading to the office ready for a full day of work. Really! I do! When I was a kid, my career aspirations were to be either a milkman or a newspaper delivery guy just so I could get up early every day!

Unfortunately, I am currently the guy who gets up at 7:30 (on a good day), rushes my oldest around to get her dressed and fed before she catches the bus at 8:03 and still has to get himself cleaned up and dressed. The end result being I can't remember the last time I was at work by 8:00.

So anyway, that's my updated goal.

Don't forget to check out the 5 Questions below. (I need to add more links to the side for the audience participation-type posts.)

Until Next Time...

Unfortunately,

|