Monday, January 19, 2004

Tough Week

I've been really not looking forward to this week for quite some time. My company's national sales meeting starts today and I'm not going. Just another reminder of the fact that I failed...in their eyes anyway. (And when it comes down to it, their eyes are the only ones that matter.)

So I'll be manning the fort this week and doing everyone else's work while they're freezing their butts off in Minnesota.

It's not all bad though...if I were still on the sales force, I'd have had to miss all three of my kids' birthdays this year and that would've really sucked. So I'm definitely counting my blessings on that end.

Speaking of kids' birthdays, the twin's party at McD's went great yesterday. One of their friends couldn't make it, but we had fun with the kids and parents that did come.

Let's see...what else?

Last night, the wife and I watched Just Married on HBO and it was funnier than I expected. I'm not a big Ashton Kutcher or Brittany Murphy (aka Bugeyes) fan...but they both did a pretty good job.

After talking to my mom this weekend, we need to decide if we're going to go on the annual extended family vacation to the beach this summer. They need to know now so they can decide which house they're going to rent. We've never gone before, but it sounds like they always have a great time and I think my kids would have a blast at the beach. As usual, though, the tricky thing is money. Now that I'm not going to have commission checks coming in anymore, this is going to be a bit of a stretch, financially. The thing is, though, I really want to go. I know we don't have a ton of money, but I did just get a good commission check and we should get a hefty chunk back from the IRS. So, while now isn't ideal...I don't think there's a better opportunity in the foreseeable future. The other piece of the trip debate is whether to fly or drive. It's about 1200 miles...and airfare is $176, and we'd still need a rental car.

What do you think?

Until Next Time...

|