Thursday, February 05, 2004

Battle of Shaker Heights

After I did about 15 minutes of Tae Bo last night (talk about comedy!!!)...I plopped down on the couch to watch the previously mentioned Battle of Shaker Heights.

I really wanted to love this movie...but when all is said and done, I can't honestly say that I do. I mean...it's an alright movie, but it could have been so much better if the directors had a) stuck closer to the original script and b) had more time and budget to produce.

I didn't really care for the directors on Project Greenlight, but I still wanted the movie to succeed...more for the writer and for the actors...especially Shia LaBeouf. The kid is real good and I think will be a great actor.

On the Project Greenlight front, I was pleased to learn yesterday when I went to get the link for my blog, that the series has been picked up for a third season by Bravo. HBO had already announced that it would not be picking up the third season and Miramax was rumored to be considering dropping the series, but it looks like Miramax has stepped up again and there will be another season. Yea!!!

Battle of Shaker Heights can be best described as a coming of age comedy...but it also has its dramatic moments. LaBeouf plays a teenage World War I re-enacter that reverts to being the smart-ass outcast in a school setting. He meets a rich kid during one of the war re-enactments and proceeds to get a huge crush on the kid's older (and engaged) sister.

There are some real funny lines...the opening 10 minutes are among the best of the movie, but unfortunately, it can't keep up the pace. I'd say it's still worth a rental or watching on HBO someday, but I'm kinda glad I didn't spend the money at the theatre.

In other news...

It's SNOWING!!! We only have about 2-3 inches (sorry ladies...oh, wait, we're talking about snow)...but it was enough to cancel school today. I'll admit the roads were kind of slick when I drove in to work this morning, but I was lucky and it only took me about 15 minutes to get here. Not too shabby.

I'm going to "work" from home for a couple of hours this afternoon so the wife can go take care of some things and then I'll probably be back in the office by 3 or so.

That's about it for now...I'll try to come up with something a little more creative in a little while.

Until Next Time...

|