Saturday, February 28, 2004

It's Laundry Weekend!

I've spent the better part of the last two days doing laundry and am hoping to finish the rest of it up tomorrow. It's great to get it all done, but to be honest, there's not enough room in my kids' dressers for ALL of their clean clothes. God forbid I actually start hanging things up.

Tonight, though, we took a nice little break to go to K's school for a chili supper/talent show/auction. K, along with six or seven other kids, all sang "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" and seemed to have a good time doing it. They were the first act up, so she got to spend the rest of the time just running around with her friends.

As for the auction, that worked out pretty well for us, too. It was mostly a silent auction and I snagged a $100 gift certificate for our cable/internet/phone company for only $46. I should have picked up the other one for $50, but oh well.

I also managed to win (with the only bid) a gift pack from a local radio station. Inside was a t-shirt, coffee mug, two key chains, a couple of bumper stickers and a bottle of water. But wait! That's not all! Also included were the latest CDs from Maroon 5 and Nickelback.

Ohhh...but there's more!
Also included in this little bag of goodies was Train's Midnight Moon concert DVD. I've been a pretty big fan of Train's since I first heard them on one of the AWARE compilation CDs, but have never seen them live...this should get me pretty close.

And what did this lovely prize package cost me at auction?

FOUR FREAKING DOLLARS!

That, my friend, is what we in the business call a good deal.

So this brings me to my next point...there are several DVDs sitting on my shelf that I haven't watched yet. They are, in no particular order:

Animal House -- I know, I know...I'm probably the only male over 30 on the planet who has never watched this entire movie.

The Best of Will Farrell -- OK, I just got this a couple of weeks ago, so I have an excuse.

24: Season One -- My brother-in-law loaned this to us and I haven't watched it yet...I really should.

Midnight Moon -- Cut me some slack! I just picked it up tonight!

So I'm not terribly behind on my DVD viewing, but I do need to watch some of those.

Tonight, though, I am going to try to improve on my 10-0 record with the Falcons in Madden '04.

Have a great night all!

|