Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Not Grasping The Concept

You may recall last night's post bemoaning the fact that I was feeling really tired at 9:36. One with common sense (as opposed to egalitarian sense) would take that as a sign to go to bed and get some sleep.

Guess what time dumbass Joe went to bed? (Dumbass Joe is me by the way.)

A whopping 4 hours later! Yep...I didn't go to bed until almost 2:00 in the freaking morning. That's REAL smart...really going to help you be motivated to get up at 6 and go work out in the morning (which is something I haven't done for almost two weeks).

So, of course, I'm dragging my ass today (not literally) just to make it through the work today. I'm determined to go work out tonight after I drop off K at CCD. I am also going to renew my efforts to go to bed before 12 at the latest and ideally by 11 and then follow that up by getting up earlier in the morning.

I'm still not much closer on the retirement gift idea, although if I can find a good deal on a hammock, I'm kinda liking that as a possibility.

The weather has finally warmed up a little bit and some of the snow has started to thaw...I even went to the car wash yesterday. But, of course, that couldn't last...tonight it's going to drop down to 6 degrees. NIIICE. I can't wait for spring to get here.

Things on the book front have slowed a bit. I'm starting to doubt my subject and if it's really marketable or not. Having the responses slow down from my interview requests have also discouraged me. I know I need to have patience, but that is so not my style. I'm going to keep pushing on for a little bit longer, but am starting to like the idea of a novel a little bit more.

The one thing this blog has succeeded in doing is getting me to write on a regular basis. Sometimes the results are better than others, but if I can get things rolling again, I'll feel pretty good about it.

American Idol Update
I've never watched American Idol before this season, but I have to admit that I'm hooked on the show and am pretty disappointed I didn't watch last year.

It's also nice because it's something that both my wife and I like to watch together. We'll also watch CSI and Friends, but American Idol actually sparks some conversations about musical style, etc.

Anyway, after watching last night, I would have voted for the 16-year-old girl and also for Fantasia, the girl at the end. The others were alright, but none of the guys really jumped out at me (thank god for that!). I really wanted to like the guy who sang "Walking In Memphis" since I really love that song. He did alright with it, but you could just tell his voice wasn't that strong...stronger than mine, yes, but not strong enough to be an American Idol type.

That's enough for today's rambling post during normal working hours.

Until Next Time...




|