Monday, February 02, 2004

Not Much Going On

The title pretty much says it all.

I muddled through work today...wishing I could spend more time blogging and searching for jobs. I haven't been real active on that front lately.

I did finally get a call back on one of my applications through Monster today, but the base salary just wasn't enough even though the job sounded fairly interesting.

On the positive side, I have applied for another internal position, but this time in account management. It's not sales, which means no big commission checks, but I sould get to continue meeting with clients and working with them on a day-to-day basis, which is really what I enjoy most. Hopefully, this will happen.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the morning off from work to attend a sales seminar put on by the local business journal. Part of it is to get myself motivated and maybe learn something and the other reason is to network. You never know who you might meet. Sure, it's $100 out of my pocket, but if it turns into something good, it will be well worth it.

Right now, I'm just watching the KU/Missouri game with KU up by 1 in the first half. Commercial break and just saw the first promo for ESPN's "Dream Job" show and it had a short clip of my neighbor growing up (not of him actually growing up...you know what I mean). This is way cool. It starts three weeks from yesterday.

Anyway, about the KU/MU game...KU has a chance to really put a dagger in MU's season. Right now, the only way I can see the Tigers making the NCAA tournament is if they win the rest of their Big 12 games OR they win the Big 12 tournament...and neither of those is likely. That would just make my year as a sports fan...it would even make up for the Chiefs loss in the playoffs.

Oh yeah...one more thing. I've updated my links and added a few blogs to the blogroll. The new link I added was for "This Week In KU History." It's a site that was developed and is managed by a former boss of mine and I'm real impressed. If you're interested in learning more about KU history (duh!) and want to see some old pictures and old newspaper articles, go on over and check it out.

That's enough for tonight!

Until Next Time...

|