Monday, February 09, 2004

Ooh! Ah! Ouch!

Yep...that's how I felt when I got out of bed this morning...just a wee bit sore from yesterday's sledding activities. And it's worth every little twinge.

Today's been my typical day at work. I've been doing a little more writing and creative stuff in my new position which I like, but I'd still rather be selling. I'm currently in the process of revising all of our software proposals and creating templates and the like to make it easier for our reps to get cost estimates out the door quickly, yet professionally.

Had lunch with a couple of the reps today and had a few moments where I was actually grateful I wasn't still in sales. These guys are under a total microscope. Bi-weekly meetings to evaluate their sales pipelines, increased quotas...real fun stuff I tell ya.

I wish I could just quit and work on the book full time. Unfortunately, that's just not going to happen anytime soon.

I'm bowling with Don and Dan tonight so that should be fun. Then maybe we'll watch the KU game afterward.

Then I need to get to work on some more book-related stuff...send out a few e-mails and see if I can come up with the basic structure that I'll use for the book. It's going to be non-fiction that will have a few stories going on at once, but I need to determine which one goes first.

Question for you: What kind of car do you drive? And would you recommend a friend buy a newer version of the same car?

Me? I drive a '92 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. It runs fine and is moderately clean. Has low miles for a car that's 12 years old (haven't hit 80K yet)...but I desperately want a new car and know we just can't afford one right now. We're still paying off the minivan and will continue to do so for another couple of years.

I thought about this subject this afternoon while at the mall and they have a ton of new cars scattered around the mall from one of the local dealerships...mostly BMWs and Volkswagens.

Anyway, one of the cars was a black VW Passat with a lease price of $229/month. I could totally dig that. I've always bought my cars, but leases are very tempting.

So Question #2: Do you buy new or used cars? If new, do you buy or lease? Why?

Please post your answers in the Comments section for the whole world to see!

Until Next Time...

|