Friday, February 06, 2004

Yea! Wait...Damn!

So today's been an up and down kind of day.

Started out pretty well this morning when I got an e-mail from Pat McGee Band announcing that they have a new CD coming out this spring called "Save Me" and it had a link to three of the new songs and a video.

This will be their second release on a major label and after listening to these songs and watching the video, I've got a really good feeling about this for them. I think the whole country is going to know who the Pat McGee Band is by the end of this year. (I mean...not my dairy farmer uncles or anyone like that...but you know...those music-listening people).

So go on out there and check it out when you get a few minutes and let me know what you think!

Shortly after that, I was struck with what I think is a great idea for a book. I've always wanted to write one and now I think I have my topic. I'm not going to share too much now, but I'll let you know more down the road. I gotta say that I'm really excited about this.

So all was well and good until this afternoon when I found out that I'm not getting the other internal position I was going for. I have most of the things they are looking for...especially knowledge of our solutions...but not enough account management experience. Damn. I'm pretty bummed about it.

BUT...while I was in the meeting to find out that I didn't get the job, my cell phone rang (or buzzed) and I let it go to voicemail. Turns out it was Hal Becker...the speaker at the sales seminar I'd attended on Tuesday. I'd sent him an e-mail thanking him for the great seminar and he called back to answer some of my questions because he said he doesn't like sending e-mails. I never expected that! So, it was good to hear a positive message so quickly after the bad news I'd just received.

So...this weekend's going to be spent doing family things, but also getting started on this book idea of mine...and, of course, blogging and playing a little poker (some things will never change!).

Until Next Time...

|