Thursday, March 11, 2004

Bad Habits Revisited

Man...I'm back in a not-so-good pattern of behavior. It's not like I'm taking drugs or anything, but I have to start doing SOMETHING to get back in shape and just boost my energy overall.

I've been going to the gym once or twice a week to play basketball, but have NOT been doing the elliptical trainer or walking on treadmill, etc. Since I've been doing basketball only, somehow my weight has climbed to an all-time high which I am not happy about at all...rather depressing actually.

How can someone increase their physical activity, generally improve what they eat (although I've been having too many sweets lately), and yet gain weight? This makes no sense to me. I've even cut out soda for the past two weeks (gave it up for Lent) and have only been drinking water, OJ, milk, tea and lemonade. Probably the worst thing has been the chocolate milk that I succumb to from time to time.

On top of all that, I'm back to my staying up entirely too late habits. Two nights ago it was 2:30 and last night it was 1:30. (I swear I thought it was only 12:30 before I looked at the clock.) All in all, I'm not doing myself any favors, that's for sure.

This was going to be a longer post, but work got in the way, so I'm sure I'll have more to say about this later.

Until Next Time...

|