Saturday, March 06, 2004

Home Early

That didn't go like I'd planned.

I'm back far earlier from Poker Night than I'd hoped. I actually think I played well, but had some REALLY bad luck at the end.

If you're not familiar with Texas Hold 'Em, here are the basics. Each player is dealt two cards face down and everyone bets or folds. (In my last hand, I was dealt Ace-9...good enough to stay in.) Then, three cards are dealt face up. This is known as the flop. The flop was Ace-9-3 so I had the top two pair. It was down to me and two other people and I bet all my chips (aka "going all-in"). I figured I would surely win. The guy next to me though called my bet and we flipped our cards to show he had Ace-Jack. I was still ahead. The next card turned up is called "the turn card" and it was a 7, I'm still in good shape. The only card that can beat me with the last card (aka "the river") is a Jack.

Well...since I already told you this was my last hand, you now know what the river card was...a Jack and I freaking lost. Dammit!!!

So now I'm home and am going to try to redeem myself by playing online for play money.

Have a good night all.

|