Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Music Meme 2: With A Twist

OK...I haven't seen this modified idea anywhere else, so I'll take credit for it. It's the same music meme as I posted last week with your mp3 player/media player/iTunes set on Random/Shuffle, list the first ten songs it plays, no matter how embarrassing.

Now for the twist...you have to make a narrative of some sort out of all of the song titles in order. Come on...you can do it!

Here's mine for today (and I've added the album name in parentheses).

(The rules again)
Step 1: Open your mp3 player.
Step 2: Put all of your music on random.
Step 3: List the first ten songs it plays, no matter how embarrassing.

Here are mine:

1. Jeremy - Pearl Jam (Ten)
2. Let 'Er Rip - Dixie Chicks (Wide Open Spaces)
3. Keep It Together - Guster (Keep It Together)
4. Time To Time - Cary Pierce (Live at Schuba's)
5. Dreaming With My Eyes Wide Open - Clay Walker (Greatest Hits)
6. When The Stars Go Blue - Cary Pierce (Live at Schuba's)
7. Kitchen Song - Edwin McCain (Honor Among Thieves)
8. Sweet Ocean - Cary Pierce (Live at Schuba's)
9. Your Body Is A Wonderland - John Mayer (Room for Squares)
10. Exit - U2 (The Joshua Tree)

OK...before I move on to the narrative, I have to tell you how odd I think it is that three songs from one CD came up on random out of a total of 974 tracks in my Windows Media Player. I will say, though, that this is a pretty accurate reflection of my listening habits.

On to the narrative!

Jeremy, there are times when you just have to Let 'Er Rip. But you also have to Keep It Together from Time To Time. That way, when I'm Dreaming With My Eyes Open, I can actually see When The Stars Go Blue.

Or, if you really feel like trippin' out, you can try to see all of the utensils break into their moving rendition of, "I Love The Kitchen" Song.

But, at the end of the day, nothing tastes quite as good as the Sweet Ocean. (You always thought it was kinda salty, didn't you?)

And while you're on that exciting journey, you can always end it by getting off at the Your Body Is A Wonderland Exit.

Sounds like fun to me!

(EON - End of Narrative)

I also thought it was pretty cool that the 10th and final song on the list was called Exit.

Go ahead...you try it. I gotta say, if you get a bunch of titles like "Kitchen Song," it ain't gonna be easy.

Until Next Time...

|