Saturday, March 06, 2004

Poker Night!

Man...I've been waiting for this day to get here for quite some time. Tonight, I'm going to play in my first Texas Hold 'Em Tournament at the house of a former co-worker. It should be pretty fun...especially if I win. The entry fee is $20 and there are about 30 people signed up to play. It's not winner take all, but it should still be pretty good.

The weekend's been pretty good so far. I took yesterday afternoon off from work to go to an interview. The interview went well and I'm pretty confident I could get the job if I want it, but the money just isn't where I want/need it to be, so I doubt I'll accept their offer for another interview.

This morning, my oldest daughter K had her last indoor soccer game of the season since we'll be heading off to Arkansas next weekend when the team's official last game takes place. I'm glad the girls had fun despite getting beat almost every week. Today was no exception as the ref stopped posting the other team's goals when they hit 13 and we had 0. Ouch.

After we got home from lunch at McD's where K and my boy J played at PlayLand, they each got their baths and J took a nap while K and I played checkers. Unfortunately, my other daughter, L, has a fever today, so hopefully she'll be feeling better soon.

That's enough for now...I need to go throw some chicken breasts in a teriyaki marinade so I can grill them in about 90 minutes.

Have a great night everyone!

|