Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Renewed Resolutions

I've finally managed to tear myself away from the games I've been playing lately and am ready to do something much more productive, like updating my blog.

OK...so it's not THAT much more productive, but I'll feel better about myself for doing it.

And while we're on the topic of feeling better about myself, I feel the need to publicly renew my New Year's resolution to get in shape, work out more, and ultimately lose weight.

I'm exercising more than I have in the past three years, albeit not on a regular basis. When I do exercise, it's running while playing basketball. But, honestly, that only happens maybe once per week lately. It's not great, but I've been feeling good about it.

Add in the fact that I've given up soda for Lent and am drinking a lot more water instead and it sounds like I should be dropping at least a few pounds.

Well...you'd be wrong. Instead, I've gained about 10 pounds in the past two months. And I'm really not sure how it's happened. I'm not eating great, but certainly no worse than I have in the past two years. I really can't figure it out.

So, I'll do what logic tells me to do and try getting to the gym more frequently and hitting the treadmill or elliptical trainer instead of just playing basketball. I'm going to attempt to take the first step tomorrow morning, by setting my alarm for 6, getting to the gym by 6:30, working out for 30-40 minutes and then getting home by 7:30 so I can take a quick shower and be connected to work by 8. (I'm working from home in the morning so I can be here when the plumber comes in to figure out why the hell our hot water pressure has become so inconsistent and weak at times.)

So it's 10:30 now, I'm off to read my Blogroll blogs, checking my e-mail and getting to bed before 12....hopefully 11:30.

Sorry for the lack of links. I'll try to do better next time.

|