Monday, April 19, 2004

Advice: Don't Check Work E-Mail Before Bed

As I mentioned in my post from about two hours ago, I'm off to Minnesota tomorrow for work. Well...I decided to check my e-mail before heading to bed tonight.

And what did I find?

An e-mail from our VP asking me to attend a trade show in three weeks for three days.

Can someone explain to me how I can possibly say no to this?

Even though it will make 7 out of 9 weeks that I will be gone for three days or more, I feel like I have no real choice but to accept it. It's certainly not worth quitting over, but I know I'm not being paid enough to be gone this much.

I can tell you that I'm REALLY NOT looking forward to breaking the news to my wife in the morning.

I try to tell myself that this is an anomaly and it's not always going to be like this, but it doesn't make it any easier to tell your three kids that yes, Daddy's going to be gone for a few nights again this week.

SIGH...

And, on that note, good night all.

|