Thursday, April 22, 2004

Home Again

Sorry for the increasingly less frequent posts lately. I don't know what's come over me! I know I've been travelling more and all, but that's no excuse! What the hell kind of blogger am I???

Speaking of travelling, the trip to Minneapolis went fine. I was out there to go on sales calls with one of our newer sales reps who is a fairly cool guy, even if he is a Missouri fan. We only had two client meetings and the new guy did well on both of them. I was pretty impressed.

The other bonus was that I was able to catch an earlier flight home yesterday so I could spend a little more time with my wife on her birthday. She was very gracious about me not being there in the morning and, luckily for me, she also liked the gifts she got.

So, let me publicly say a big Happy Birthday to my wife, K!

My Competitive Streak

The one thing I haven't mentioned yet is how I got a blister on my pinky finger during this trip.

Did I burn it on the iron? The coffee maker? No, no...not any of those things.

The answer?

AIR HOCKEY!!!

You see...it turns out my new colleague has a bit of a competitive streak in him. So once we arrived at the Mall of America to kill some time, we decided to hit the arcade.

First, he kicked my ass at a couple of video games, edged me out in two or three games of air hockey and then barely beat me at Pop-A-Shot.

Feeling sufficiently humbled, we went and grabbed a bite to eat, where I pretty much challenged him to any game in sight...pool, another Pop-A-Shot (but much bigger version, think 3-pointer compared to layups) and Golden Tee.

We ended up only playing the Pop-A-Shot (two games) and pool. Fortunately, I kicked his ass every time. In fact, he didn't make a single bucket in the first game of Pop-A-Shot. And pool? Let's just say it's not his strong suit.

Now that he was tasting the losing end, he wanted some revenge so we went back and played some more air hockey at the arcade.

Where I promptly beat him in 7 straight games.

And that, my friends, is how I came home from my trip with a blister on the knuckle on my pinkie finger.

Fascinating isn't it???

OK...not really.

More Visitors

Last weekend, my Mom and Dad came up for dinner and my Mom stayed the night because she had a conference here in town the next morning.

Well, this weekend, we'll have the in-laws and their dog staying with us from Friday through Monday and my folks will be here on Sunday. All of this is for my daughter's first communion.

So, basically, my weekend will be spent trying to maintain my sanity.

And, since I'm trying not to blog from work, I probably won't be posting much until sometime this weekend or, God forbid, when I get to Salt Lake City on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

|