Friday, April 16, 2004

Victim of Blogging

On a downer note for a Friday night, it looks like one of my favorite bloggers, The Sarcastic Journalist, got fired today from her crappy reporting job. It's no big secret that she didn't like the paper she worked for (and no, I don't know which paper it is), but she kept the whole thing anonymous in terms of who the people and paper were.

It's obvious they were monitoring her Internet activity at work, which really blows my mind. I mean, really, what does the paper possibly get from this?

One of the commenters to her post today wondered if they fired her for the content of her blog or the act of blogging during working hours.

Hell...if she could get fired for that, I don't see why I couldn't at my job.

So, sadly, I won't be blogging from work anymore just to be safe...at least not for the near future (unless I can latch onto the neighbor's wireless network from time to time).

Here's the thing...I haven't been blogging that much from work lately anyway and when I was a lot it was because I was pissed about my job. Fortunately, things are slowly turning around so I'm interested enough in my work to keep me from blogging.

Today was a perfect example...SJ's was the first blog I checked out today and it was 11:00 at night.

Anyway...I just wanted to send some positive vibes over SJ's way and wish the best for her, her hubs and her soon-to-be-born baby girl.

Hang in there SJ.

|