Thursday, May 20, 2004

Bye Bye Briscoe

Yep...for those fans of the original Law & Order TV show, Jerry Orbach, aka Detective Lennie Briscoe, made his farewell appearance tonight as his character retired from the job. L&O is one of those shows that I'll stop and watch just about any time it's on and his character is one of the main reasons.

Rumor has it that he may appear occasionally on another upcoming L&O spinoff series, but I don't think anything's been finalized.

So Long Salt Lake City
We wrapped up two LONG days of training yesterday and I got home late last night from Salt Lake City. The weather there was supposedly beautiful, but we didn't leave the hotel at all until we got our cab to the airport yesterday and it wasn't until 8:30 or so the night before. Needless to say we didn't get to enjoy much free time there. I will say, though, that the meeting itself was pretty good.

Hello New York
That's where I'm heading THIS weekend. I'll be in NYC from this Sunday night until Wednesday night. I'm hoping to get a little free time while I'm there. One highlight will be a corporate party at the ESPN Zone in Times Square. I'm definitely looking forward to that. I think I'll have to forego my diet that night so I can get some of the berry shortcake they have there...yummy stuff.

Fumblin', Rumblin', Stumblin'!
That's the best way to describe my style of basketball play at the gym today. Unfortunately, there was more fumblin' and stumblin' than actual rumblin'.

I only had one decent fast break layup and an ugly 3-point bank shot. And I really did stumble resulting in a skinned knee. Not good times. But, the most important thing is I got some exercise so I'm happy.

Speaking of "good times," I'm pleased to report that Bill Simmons, my favorite sports columnist ever, has left his writing gig with Jimmy Kimmell Live to start writing more for ESPN.com and some other mysterious ESPN-related gig. I'm thrilled that he'll be appearing more often!

Kudos to The Big Unit
There are many crude jokes to be made here, so please feel free to leave your own in the comments.

But a big congrats go to Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Randy Johnson who became the oldest pitcher to pitch a perfect game yesterday. He was a full three years older than the previous person with that distinction.

Have a good one all!

|