Friday, May 07, 2004

DC Redux

I'm not completely sure what "redux" means and I'm too lazy to look it up in the dictionary, but I think it means recap...that's what I was going for anyway.

When last we met, your hero (read: me) was quickly running out of battery life on his laptop. Fortunately, my co-worker called in the nick of time and I was able to kill the rest of the morning working wirelessly from his room and was able to plug in...actually got a fair amount done.

It was pretty much downhill from there as most of the rest of Wednesday and all day Thursday were spent on my feet at the DC Convention Center.

About 15 of us did go out to dinner on Wednesday at a cool place called Old Ebbit's, which is supposedly the oldest bar in Washington. The food was good and so was the wine (which one of my co-workers ordered three bottles of, with the cheapest being about $100). Let's just say I'm glad I didn't have to pick up that tab.

The other kind of cool thing at the conference was one of the booths had ">Sarah Ellerby, a professional pool player, at their booth and would play a game of 9-ball against you. One of my co-workers actually beat her in one game. I, however, got my proverbial ass kicked (as opposed to my regular ass). She took the break (which I thought was a ripoff, I mean, she couldn't spot me the break?!) and should have run the table but she missed a shot (and I'm pretty sure she intentionally missed) and I screwed up my one chance. That said, though, she was really nice and is now my favorite women's pool player.

Last night, we went out to a couple of bars and had a few drinks and played a little pool...nothing real exciting, but we had fun.

Today, I was smart about planning my travel home and didn't schedule a flight too early, which meant I could take my time getting going this morning. Finally got home around 3 this afternoon, did a little more work, watched a little golf on TV and then grilled some pork sirloins for dinner that turned out to be quite tasty.

So that's been my day...wha did you do???

|