Wednesday, May 05, 2004

T-Minus 24 Minutes...

Until my laptop battery wears out.

Yep, I'm blogging from the comfort of the lobby of one of the DC Marriott hotels.

This is the problem with arriving so early to a city. It's before 10:00 here and, of course, my room isn't ready yet. (I didn't expect it to be either.)

I've been worried about this trip for a week now since our CEO is going to be at this conference. I kept worrying that I was going to have flight problems and not get here in time for the show where they are supposed to use my laptop for one of the stations. That wouldn't be good.

Angels Softball
K's team played their first game last night and overall I was very pleased. They still don't have the coordination yet and we're still working on the basics.

From a proud papa perspective, though, K had a great game. She got 4 hits in 4 at bats including one that was a hard liner (by 7-year-old standards) that went right through the infield about halfway out to the outfield. She also had a put-out at 3rd when she was playing shortstop.

All in all, it was a fun night, albeit a late one. With softball not ending until 8:45 or so, we still had to get home, get her cleaned up and all the kids into bed. I still had to pack, do some laundry and run to the store before I could go to bed.

Anyway...I finally hit the sack around 12:30 and got up at 4:00 so I could make my 6:00 flight. (So much for the arriving two hours before your flight theory.)

That's all I've got...or at least all my battery has, anyway.

Have a great day all!

|