Thursday, May 27, 2004

TGIAF!

It's almost Friday folks, so let's see what kind of wisdom I can impart on the few readers I have left.

...

Hmmm...

OK...screw the wisdom. I think I'll just throw out a few random things that have happened lately.

There seems to be a trend of brushes with celebrities amongst me and my coworkers.

As I've mentioned previously, I sat across from Drew Bledsoe a month or so ago on a flight and then, last week, Steve Garvey sat in front of me on a flight to Salt Lake City.

The trend continued this week, as I saw Pete Rose in the gate area when we got off of our plane in LaGuardia. Then, I found out that one of my coworkers was on the same flight as John Mayer. He actually got to talk to him for about 20 minutes as they waited for luggage and I'm pleased to report that he was a very nice, down-to-earth guy.

As for the rest of the week in NYC, I worked my ass off and did about 12 presentations over the course of 2-1/2 days. By the time the evenings rolled around, I was pretty beat. I didn't even make it to much of our party at the ESPN Zone in Times Square because a client dinner ran long.

Because our conference did end at noon yesterday and my flight wasn't until 6:30, I did have a few hours to kill, so a buddy from work and I decided to go check out Central Park and just walk around since neither of us had ever been there. We entered the park at 59th St and finally left about two hours later at 86th St. I figure we walked about three to four miles.

Our flight ended up not boarding until almost 8:00 and we sat on the runway for about 45 minutes before we could take off. Because we were waiting for so long, I did pick up a new book by Stuart Woods called Capital Crimes. I actually managed to finish all 300+ pages by the time our plane landed in KC.

Today was just another day at work, so there's nothing interesting to report there.

If I don't post again before the weekend, I want to wish everyone a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!

|