Monday, May 10, 2004

Where Ya Been?!

Oh...wait...it was ME that was gone...so sorry!

When Last We Met...
Your neighborhood blogger, Joe, had just returned home from DC on Friday. I think I pretty much covered Friday, so we'll lead off with Saturday (but not too much boring detail, I promise...oh, wait...too late). :)

Saturday was Soccer Saturday for K and I decided to brave it alone and give my wife (also K) a chance to rest so I took J & L with me too. (Yes, that's J, K & L.)

So, anyway, after soccer, we headed out so I could get a Mother's Day card for my mom and a gift for my wife...more on this later.

We were also fortunate enough that the girl across the street was home from college for the weekend and was willing to babysit. Can you say, "Fan-fucking-tastic!"? It's been about two months since we've had a sitter and we've been going a little nuts, so we headed out to Olive Garden for dinner. (They told us it would be a 40 minute wait and then, 15 minutes later, we were at our table. That NEVER happens!) Then we went to see Man on Fire with Denzel Washington and Christopher Walken (not nearly a big enough part for him). Anyway, it was an enjoyable movie and just a great evening overall.

Mother's Day
So, earlier (like two seconds ago), I mentioned that I took all the kids with me as I searched for a Mother's Day present for my wife. The kids were only up for one stop, though, so it was off to that little french boutique, Target.

Sadly, they had a sucky selection, so I took the kids home and headed to the mall on my own. I went to three...count 'em THREE fairly major department stores and only ONE of them carried any kind of selection at all, but still not much of one!

So what, pray tell, was I searching so diligently for???

MATERNITY CLOTHES

Yep! Ol' Joe (and don't forget wife, K) is expecting Kiddo Numero Four! In fact, we have a sonogram tomorrow to find out what we're having. :) Due date is mid-October, which means we'll probably have our new addition by early September.

So now that you know, can anyone tell me a really good place to find maternity clothes for my wife?! Target had a small maternity selection, but not ONE pair of maternity shorts for sale! It's freaking summer, people!!! And neither Dillard's, nor The Jones Store had any maternity clothes at all. (I didn't hit Nordstrom's, but didn't figure I could afford it anyway.) So, I ended up getting her some things from Jacque Penney's (what's with all the French places???) and, luckily for me, she really liked them!

As for the rest of Mother's Day, we headed off to my parent's lakehouse (not as glamourous as it sounds) and had lunch with my mom, dad, sister, my grandma and one of my aunts. The kids have a blast going out there, but were slightly disappointed they couldn't go out on dad's boat. There's still all summer, though.

All in all, it was a pretty good Mother's Day.

Ass-kicking Monday
And I don't mean that in a good way. I was supposed to take a training class today, but only made it through the first half before I got pulled away to finish a client project that ended up taking from about 11:00 all the way through the end of the day. I didn't even get to eat lunch.

But, I figured if work kicked my ass, I might as well kick my ass a little bit as well, so I hit the gym after the kids went to bed.

And that, my friends in the blogging world, has been my last 72 hours.

What's new with you?!

|