Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Cleaning, Cleaning, Cleaning

Yep...that seems like the only thing I've been doing for the last week or so as we get the house ready for my parents to come watch the kids while we go to Seattle this weekend.

That, and running our kids to a bazillion different doctor's appointments. My girls have had their fair share of eye issues this week. K, the oldest, somehow managed to scratch her eye on a foam square at gymnastics class yesterday. We took her to urgent care last night and her regular doctor this morning and were basically told in both places that it would just heal by itself.

From there, we took youngest daughter, L, to see the pediatric opthalmologist to check out one of her eyes that's been drifting. Unfortunately, we also learned that she's a little nearsighted, so this means glasses for the next two weeks (and thereafter) and adding a patch for six weeks starting two weeks for now. After all of that, there's a 50/50 chance she'll have to have surgery to relax the muscles in her eye.

Oh...and did I mention that tomorrow daughter K has her first orthodontist appointment? I'm thinking of opening a charitable fund to pay for my kids medical expenses.

(Don't get me wrong...I know I'm fortunate to have any insurance coverage at all...but if I can't bitch about these things on my blog, where can I bitch about it?)

That's it for now...tomorrow I'll just be counting the hours until we get to split for Seattle.

Have a great weekend!

Until Next Time...

|