Friday, July 02, 2004

Hooray for the weekend!

Hey all...first, let me say thank you for all of that finger-crossing. I was able to get my round of golf in with my dad yesterday. It's nice to be able to spend time with just the two of us. I actually only got to play 9 holes with him, because he had to go to the funeral of the dad of his old boss. We played 9, he left to go to the funeral, and I played the back 9 with a guy who I found out was married to a girl I went to middle school with. After that, my dad came back and picked me up and we just hung out at the house for a bit before I drove back to KC.

Work today was great, in the sense that my boss told me to leave early. So after getting a couple of minor things wrapped up, I took off at 3:00. (This is after I took two hours at lunch to go play basketball.) Even with that, I did manage to get a few things done.

So I came home early and surprised the wife and kids. OK...I would have surprised them when I got home if they'd been awake. So the surprise had to wait until they woke up. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure they were happy to see me.

I think tonight we're going to go to "Cheeseburger King" as my kids like to call it, because J's been bugging us for a week to go there.

Not much else to say right now...just looking forward to some "offline" time with the family.

Have a great and safe 4th of July weekend everyone!

Until Next Time...



|