Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Back to School

Today was K's first day back at school...I'd post a pic, but it turned out REAL fuzzy (still getting used to the camera settings). She only had a 1/2 day, but full days start tomorrow.

Tonight was also her first soccer practice and we realized she's outgrown her soccer shoes, so I need to go get her new ones before Thursday's practice. After practice, we came home for a quick dinner and I took the kids to the swimming pool for about an hour. They needed to cool off anyway after being at soccer practice. And, before heading home, we stopped at Sonic for some frozen treats.

Let's see...what else?

Oh yeah...this morning I was working downstairs and my wife K asked me to come upstairs for a minute. As soon as she said it, I knew something was up. So I get up the stairs and walk into the kitchen to see that she's laid down a whole box of self-adhesive tiles on the kitchen floor. We'd planned on doing it, but there was no turning back now.

There's something you need to know about K & me. She is very much the handy person in this house. I have no skills when it comes to building and/or fixing things or household projects in general. I never learned those skills as a kid and have no interest in attaining them now as an adult. I'd just as soon pay someone to do the work. That being said, K is very much into doing this stuff...even when she's 32 weeks pregnant.

So don't go giving me a hard time for this...it was her idea and she never even gives me a chance to talk her out of it.

By the end of the day, she'd laid down six boxes of tile and it looks like we need another 5 or 6. I'll go buy them in the morning before work and if she doesn't feel up to it, then I'll see if my dad wants to come up and help me finish the job this weekend.

I can say, though, that the part that is done looks really cool. It's SO much better than what we had before and so much cheaper than having someone else do it.

I'll post some pics tomorrow (hopefully).

Until Next Time...

|