Saturday, August 07, 2004

Dinner & A Movie

Happy Saturday Night everyone!

K & I actually had a date tonight...and may I say it was a good one. A great way, in fact, to end a great day.

This morning, the whole crew headed down to Lake Pomona, KS where my folks have a small cabin near the lake along with a couple of boats. Today, we took the pontoon boat out and tested out the three-seater raft that we got for them late last year. Fortunately, because the twins are small, L was able to sit in front of me in my seat, so all four of us rode the raft at once.

The kids (and I for that matter) had an absolute blast. And K had fun just seeing the looks on their faces as we raced through the water and bounced up and down on the wake from the boat.

As for the date itself, I made reservations at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner the other day. We'd been there once before and fell in love with the place. I'm happy to say that they did not disappoint us on the return. I opted for the lobster bisque and their filet while K got a caesar salad and the petite filet. YUM-MY!!! It's pricey for sure, but every once in a while it's an excellent way to treat yourself and the service from the valet to the host to the waiter to the water guy was impeccable.

After dinner, we ran by the theater to buy our tickets for The Bourne Supremacy and bounced over to Borders to check out some books and CDs...didn't buy anything because we ran out of time, but I may go back tomorrow.

The Bourne Supremacy was very good. One thing I noticed about 45 minutes into the movie is that Matt Damon really didn't have many lines. In fact, I'd be surprised if he had 15-20 minutes of dialogue in the ENTIRE MOVIE. There really wasn't that much dialogue overall, now that I think about it, but the movie worked well without it.

If you saw the first one and liked it, then you'll probably like the sequel. (In my humble opinion, Julia Stiles was far underutilized and overdressed...but that's just me.)

So how was your Saturday?

|