Tuesday, August 31, 2004

FORE!!!

There's a new invention out there that maybe some of you have heard about and it really would have been nice if you'd have told me about it before yesterday. It seems that there's this stuff that you can put on your face and neck and arms...I think it's called sunscreen.

Yeah, Joe the dumbass (that's me) played golf yesterday (on company time, no less) in a scramble tournament being put on by one of our clients. It was a real cool course even though it was about 35 minutes from my house. And, the best part was that our team came in second place for the "B" flight (don't ask, I'm not smart enough to explain how that works). To reward our efforts we each received a cool little trophy a golf towel and, best of all, a dozen Titleist Pro V1 golf balls. The only bad thing is that I don't feel like I'll actually be able to use those golf balls because I'll feel guilty hitting them in the woods. If you click on the link, you'll see that the MSRP for said 12 golf balls is $56! That's just plain crazy!

But anyway, I had a great time with my co-workers and client. Got a pretty decent picture of the four of us and, for once, I'm actually not totally embarrassed by how I look in it. My weight loss efforts are still pretty good, although the pace at which I was losing weight has definitely slowed down. If I believe the scale this morning, I'm down about 36 pounds. I REALLY want to lose another 9 pounds to hit my first major goal. I've got it within my sights, but it's a matter of getting to it.

Despite riding carts yesterday, I still got a lot of exercise because the course was so hilly and we could only have carts in certain areas. Lately, I prefer walking the courses, but sometimes you just can't do it.

Last night after I got home, I put the kids to bed and ran to Olive Garden to get K some Black Tie Mousse Cake for dessert. I have to say, it was the fastest run for dessert to a full-service restaurant that I've ever made. The restaurant is about 5-7 minutes away and I swear my whole trip didn't take more than 15 minutes. (These are the things you get impressed by as you get older. OK...maybe you don't, but I do!)

OK...I've blabbed long enough for this morning and really need to get some work done. (Yes, I logged off from our corporate VPN just so I could post this entry.)

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Until Next Time...

|