Sunday, August 01, 2004

Recovery

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope your weekend's been a good one.

Mine's been spent lying around on my ass all weekend, slowly recovering from my "procedure" on Friday.

It was definitely not a fun time and I'm still a little sore, despite plenty of Tylenol and ice this weekend. I won't, however, even pretend that it was anything compared to what my wife will be going through with her c-section in a month or so (hopefully). I can't even imagine what "normal" childbirth must be like for a woman.

That being said, I won't be doing a lot of running around anytime soon and I'm DEFINITELY not going to play any basketball with my friend, Don.

Other Stuff
Earlier this week, after the interview, I went to Utah for a couple of days for work. While there, we headed up to Park City, which was very cool. One of the things we did was a downhill sled ride that was basically a plastic sled on metal runners with wheels going down a fairly smooth, cement track with lots of twists, turns and drops and only moderately high walls to keep you from leaving the track.

Now, while they did keep me from leaving the track, they did not keep me from falling off the sled. I got to going a little too fast a couple of times and ended up wiping out and sliding down said cement track for a good 15-20 feet. As a result, I now have two pretty good size scabs on either arm right about the elbow. Even with the minor injury, though, I strongly recommend trying it out if you ever find yourself in Park City.

That's pretty much all I have for you today...sorry the posting has been so infrequent. I'm going to try to do better in the coming weeks.

Have a good one all!

Until Next Time...

|