Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I NEED PANTS!!!

OK...I thought that might get your attention.

I wish I could take credit for the above quote. I suppose, in a way, I can take credit since it came from the strong lungs of my 4-year-old daughter L repeatedly after I took her out of her bath the other night.

She and her twin brother J were taking a bath together and they were finally wrinkly little prunes when I made them get out. It's usually a pretty straight forward event.

I lift one out and wrap a towel around them and then pull out the other and give them a towel.

That night, it was J's turn to get dried off and dressed first and L seemed to be fine with it.

Until she started screaming, "I NEED PANTS!!! I NEED PANTS!!! I NEED PANTS!!!"

I kid you not...she must have repeated that phrase about 45 times.

Finally, after time #10 or 12, I couldn't help it but just start laughing hysterically and then J started laughing too.

It was just so uncharacteristic of her...she's usually the quiet one. And she wasn't screaming in an upset way...she was TRYING to be funny...and it worked!

I'm not used to my 4-year-old having such a sense of humor.

I'll write about the first part of my week a little later. I've been meaning to write about this for a day or two and I'm just now getting around to it.

By the way...

GO SOX!!!!


|