Sunday, October 17, 2004

MIA

Hi all...sorry I've been missing in action this week. I was in training all week at our local Courtyard with the rest of my team. The first two days were absolutely phenomenal and the rest of the week was a necessary evil in my eyes.

But, I managed to survive and so did K, despite having extended duty with the kids all week...only 3 weeks after her C-Section. I'm so thankful for all of the work she puts in...especially knowing she's still trying to recover.

Unfortunately, it doesn't get any easier this week as I head to Buffalo tomorrow and won't return until late Tuesday night. To try and make up for it, I'm going to try to take all of the overnight feedings tonight for M.

What else?

Today's Sunday, which means it's Fantasy Football time again! My team is 4-1 right now thanks to some fortunate scheduling in my favor...last week I played a guy who had both Priest Holmes and Donovan McNabb, but they were both on a bye. Lucky me!

This week, I'm facing the injury bug as many of my starting receivers are banged up. I won't be surprised if I lose my second game of the season. Either way, it'll be good fodder for my friend Don (who I'm going up against) the next time we get together for lunch.

Last night, K and I got a babysitter for all the kids and headed out to a dinner party that was catered by one of my favorite cajun restaurants, Jazz. Man, that food was awesome!

At that party, me and my friend Jim managed to hold court on the pool table for six straight games, so that was pretty fun as well.

Right now, I'm down in my office trying to get ready for this trip to Buffalo and I also found out Friday that I was supposed to have my final presentation ready for a seminar I'm giving this Wednesday. Oops! It should've been done last Wednesday, so I sent an e-mail apology to the coordinator along with my bio that she also was supposed to have. I've promised her that the presentation will be sitting in her e-mail inbox on Monday morning.

I've got most of the presentation done, but I still need to do some fine tuning.

As for the rest of the day, I need to mow the back yard and take J out with me so we can get haircuts together.

And, I've promised J that we'll watch the Chiefs game together. This is the first time he's ever shown any interest in watching football, so we'll see how long it actually lasts.

That's all I've got for now.

Hopefully, tonight, I'll be able to get caught up on the blogs of my Blogroll.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Until Next Time...


|