Friday, October 08, 2004

Please Turn In Your Blue Books

It's been a few years since I was in college and had to write an essay. (OK...ok...more like 11 years...shut up.)

So today, I had an essay due for work prior to all-week training that starts on Monday.

Now, being a journalism major, I like to think that I do fairly well with the written word. I can get pretty wordy at times and sometimes get a little excessive with the vocabulary and stuff. This was pretty apparent as I reviewed my essay before submitting it at the end of class...I mean the day. But all in all, I think I did alright.

There will be several people, including bosses and at least one peer, that will be reading my submission. I was the kid who always wanted to beat everyone when it came to test scores...it's where my competitiveness comes out the most. From what I've heard, we'll actually be graded on these. I'm hoping that I kick everyone else's ass. And if I don't, you'll never know anyway.

Right now, I'm trying to get a very fussy M to calm down. She's not due for another bottle until 11:30 CT. I'll be happy if we can get to 11.

Congrats to the Red Sox on the big win today and advancing to the ALCS.

Anyway...that's all I got.

Entries may be few and far between next week with all that training going on.

Have a good weekend!


|