Saturday, October 23, 2004

Weekend Update

A series of unrelated and somewhat random thoughts on a beautiful fall Saturday afternoon...

  • First things first...Go Red Sox! Even though I live next door to the Cardinals home state, I'm really pulling for the Sox...if anyone's fans deserve to win the Series, they do.
  • In football news...if I'd have started writing this earlier, I'd have been commenting about how pleased I am with my Jayhawks efforts against Oklahoma today. We were only down 4 at halftime, but now we're down by 18. Oh well...I didn't have very high expectations for today anyway.
  • Does anyone else hate paying a shitload of bills on a Saturday as much as I do?
  • Watched "The Punisher" last night. Pretty entertaining film...way unrealistic, but fun (and a little gross) nonetheless.
  • That leaves "Hellboy" as the unwatched DVD I have on hand from Blockbuster's Freedom Pass (or whatever the hell they call their program without late fees). Hopefully, I'll watch that today.
  • I'm not using that program way enough...I need to cancel it.
  • Baby M has had a cold most of the week...it really sucks.
  • I went to Buffalo this week...it took me 11 hours to get there on Monday and another 9 to get back on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning at 1 a.m.
  • My favorite band, Jackopierce, played here in KC last Saturday night, but I missed it. I'm really hoping they come back again soon.
  • We've got two soccer games this weekend...3:45 today and 3:45 tomorrow.
  • I just finished off what was left of our package of Halloween Oreos.
  • My office is a complete disaster after the bill-paying exercise this morning.
  • We actually got some of those computer rebate checks back this week...yay!

OK...I'm done with the bullet points.

One final thing I'd like to share with you. Many of you know this and some may not, but November is National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo). What is NaNoWriMo? It's an exercise designed to get all of those people out there who have ever thought about wanting to write a novel to actually sit down and do it.

The goal is to write, from scratch, a 50,000 word novel (around 175 pages). It's all about quantity and zero about quality...the group that organizes this just wants people to dedicate time to writing on a regular basis.

I remember when I first heard about it in the middle of last November and I decided I wanted to do it this year. Obviously, I didn't know at the time that I'd have a newborn baby, but you know what? Who cares?! I'm going to give it a try anyway.

If you've ever thought about it, you should too.

I'll be sure to keep you posted on my progress.

Have a great weekend all!

And, again, GO RED SOX!!!

|