Friday, November 05, 2004

Behind Already

As I mentioned earlier, I registered to participate in this year's NaNoWriMo. Well...in order to hit 50,000 words, you really need to average around 1,750 words a day...if you can do 2,000 words a day, you're golden.

So...any guesses as to what my word count is at right now on November 5th?

870

That ain't good folks! I'm about 7,000+ words behind pace. I think there's still hope for me, but I really need to get on it.

(Don't tell anyone, but since I work from home, I might even do some of it during the work day anyway.)

Speaking of work...

I had another phone interview with the Arizona-based company this week. In fact, it was with the president of the company along with two other executives. I thought it went fairly well and dutifully sent my thank you note after the meeting.

Today, I got a reply back from the president saying she thought I had an impressive background and thought I'd be a good "cultural fit." It wasn't an offer, but she told me I could expect to hear back from their VP of sales within a couple of weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!

Free Dinner!

Tonight, our friends Joe & Courtney came over with their two kids and brought us dinner and some cute stuff for M. We had a good time hanging out with them tonight and plan on doing it again in the not-too-distant future.

Well...M is screaming her head off, so I gotta go.

Have a great weekend!

|