Monday, November 22, 2004

It's Like Pulling Teeth

Oh...wait...it really was pulling teeth.

Today, daughter K had 2 baby teeth pulled to make room for her permanent teeth. We originally thought we'd get all 4 pulled today, but after seeing her in tears after the anesthetic for one side, I couldn't make her go through that twice in one day.

She did great though and seems to be well on her way to recovery. And the Tooth Fairy is going to be extra generous tonight with a semi-crisp $10 bill. (Usually only $1/tooth in this house.)

I took today off from work to do that and just get some laundry and other things done around the house. Sadly...I only got one load of laundry done. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow night.

Right now, I'm watching the Chiefs struggle against the Patriots. I half expected the Chiefs to score 40 points tonight and blow away the Pats just because that's the way they've been this season...beating good teams and losing to crappy ones. Now it looks like they'll lose to a good one tonight.

Other than that, I'm just trying to get my arms around what needs to get done before the new gig starts. To that end, I tracked down my Social Security card which I have to have for my first day. I also found my AAA card (not AA), my Southwest Airlines card (which I'd already called to have replaced), my 401K password (want to cash out, but will be sensible and roll it into an IRA) and our cat Zoe's overdue registration paperwork (which I'll take care of tomorrow).

M's been REAL fussy today, so hopefully we can get her fed one last time for the night and get her to go to sleep IN HER CRIB soon.

Oh yeah...haven't mentioned it for a while, but my Fantasy Football team? Yep...it sucks. Actually, the team itself is fine, but I can't seem to make the right decision when it comes to who to start each week.

Oh well.

How YOU doin'?

|