Thursday, November 11, 2004

A New Chapter

Part of me wishes that the title for this post was referring to the fact that I was making progress on my NaNoWriMo effort. Sadly, I think it's just not going to happen this year. I don't know what I was thinking signing up for that with a 7-week-old baby.

Instead, the new chapter I refer to is a new one for my career.

I finally got the job offer that I've been seeking since March! I got the offer yesterday...did a little negotiating, and accepted the revised offer today. That was followed by my resignation at my current company later this afternoon.

It's always tough to say goodbye to people you like. Even though, my last day isn't until 12/1, it's still hard knowing I'm not going to see some of these people that I've worked so closely with for over six years.

That being said, I know it's a great step for my career, so I'm trying to stay focused on the positives of the new opportunity.

I'll be starting the new gig on 12/6 with a full week of training at the company's headquarters in Tucson, AZ.

Trust me...a week in Arizona in early December sounds like a fine idea to me. (If only I could take the family with me!)

Anyway...just wanted to pass the good news on to everyone. I know I've been remiss in updating my blog lately. Hopefully, I'll find more time now that I'm not as focused on this job hunt.

Until Next Time...

|