Friday, January 14, 2005

All in the Family

I managed to get our neighbor to babysit our kids at the last minute last night. That allowed K and me to go grab a quick dinner at Panera and catch Ocean's Twelve at the theater.

While I liked the movie, it wasn't near as good as the first one. There were some pretty funny parts, although not a lot of laugh out loud moments.

Seeing it, though, did prompt me to pick up the Ocean's Eleven soundtrack at Border's after the show. I also bought a Bruce Hornsby "Greatest Hits"-type CD.

Now, normally, I'd say that's a pretty complete night...after all, it was almost 10:30 by the time we got home.

Not this time, though.

As soon as we got home and were doing the normal chit-chat thing with our babysitter, the phone rings. Usually those are bad news calls at that time of night.

Anyway, so I pick up the phone to hear my sister say, "Now how can I tell you that I'm engaged if you won't answer your phone?"

Apparently, she'd been trying to call us for an hour, but either a) the sitter didn't answer or b) the sitter was on the phone and didn't get the call. Either way, I'm just happy for my sister and her fiance. He seems like a real cool guy and I'm looking forward to having another brother-in-law.

I don't think she reads this, but in case she does, Congrats S!

And oh yeah...to top off a great evening, I finished the DaVinci Code around 1:00 this morning. EXCELLENT book. While at Border's, I noticed there is now an illustrated version of the book. I kinda wish that I'd have had that to read as you could have looked at the actual paintings and locations that Dan Brown was describing in the book.

Thanks to all of you who have recommended Angels & Demons also by Dan Brown. It's out in paperback, so I'll be picking that up soon.

First, though, I have to read Stephen R. Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People before I attend a 3-day training class a week from Monday.

Well, yesterday wasn't my most productive day, so I'm going to try to make a lot more calls today and see how many more meetings I can get for my trip to Michigan.

Have a great day, everyone!

|