Monday, January 17, 2005

MLK Day

You can't very well say "Happy" MLK Day can you? I mean...the guy was assassinated...not much happy about that.

And really...I don't mean to be flip about MLK...I really do think he was a great man and did some incredible things. It's sad to realize that there are still idiots in this country who probably think he deserved it or something stupid like that.

Anyway...on to happier things. Because of MLK Day, no school for the kiddies today. Unfortunately, I had to work, but took this morning off to take K to the doctor. She's still having some pregnancy-related health issues (M is almost 4 months old) and we're trying to rule things out. The appointment went fine, but took 3 hours.

It was supposed to take 4 hours though, so K & I decided to go to Chili's for lunch. I had an AWESOME salad called Quesadilla Explosion. I know it doesn't sound like a salad, but it was damned good. I was thoroughly stuffed and I only managed to get through 80% of it.

Finally got back home and actually got to work a little bit and had a pretty productive 3-1/2 hours.

Tonight we had leftovers for dinner. (For the record, that makes three straight nights we've had dinner at home!!!!) Then, after getting the kids to bed, K & I watched 24, which was pretty good. There's been a whole lot that's happened in the first five hours of this show.

Tomorrow night marks the premiere of the American Idol auditions. I've already decided I won't watch the whole season, but I DO want to see how bad people can embarrass themselves in the audition process. I used to feel bad for the bad ones...now they have no excuses...they know how the show is set up!

I think the second episode of Surreal Life was on tonight, but it was on when the kids were around. I think it's re-running at 1 a.m., but I don't think I'll be staying up for that. (Yet another reason to go get the digital video recorder from my cable company.)

Right now? I'm watching Oklahoma State play Texas on Big Monday on ESPN. OSU's been getting their ass kicked, but they're trying to come back in the last five minutes.

The truth is, though, that I'm just waiting for K to turn in so I can go back upstairs and watch Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle.

How was your day?

|