Monday, January 31, 2005

Monday Mania!

Happy last day of January everybody! I can't believe February is already here...that means I'll be adding another year to my age and a new picture on a new driver's license in just 2-1/2 weeks. Fun times.

Today has been one of those "bust your ass so you can get everything done that you need to before going out of town for three days" days.

In addition to my normal work, we had two doctor's appointments today which meant I had to pick up some additional transportation responsibilities. That all went fairly smoothly except for the little part where I headed upstairs 10 minutes before J & L were supposed to be at pre-school only to realize that L was still in her PJs!!! Damn I hate it when that happens. I must add, however, that I did get the kids to school on time, even if it meant not brushing L's hair first.

Once the work day was done, we went out for dinner as is tradition the night before I go out of town. In doing so, I missed the first half of the KU/Missouri game where, apparently, KU sucked some major donkey dung. I ended up catching most of the second half on the radio as KU came back and beat down Missouri the way that they truly deserved. (Side note: If I'd have been betting money on this game, I would have bet a fairly substantial sum of money on Missouri. If I heard correctly this morning, the spread on this game was KU by 18. Let me tell you...it doesn't matter how horrible MU might be for the rest of the year, I can't remember them ever losing to KU by that many points...even in Allen Fieldhouse. Man, I want to go to Vegas.)

The rest of the night was spent doing laundry, dishes, cleaning up the kitchen, going to the grocery store, going to the FedEx "station" to pick up the package that I need for my trip because I wasn't home when they tried to deliver it in the first place and packing my suitcase.

I still need to go watch 24 on the DVR upstairs, which I'll probably start doing any second. (By the way, I did record the KU game, but of course it ran long, so the end of the game got cut off.)

There probably won't be many posts on my end for the next few days, but keep your fingers crossed that I actually get my dream car for my rental tomorrow!

Until Next Time!

|