Saturday, January 01, 2005

Roller Coaster Start

Well...2005 is off to an interesting start.

My year started this morning with a phone call from my mom to tell me that she took my dad to the hospital due to severe chest pains. After going to Topeka to see him in the hospital, we really don't know all that much. The doctor doesn't think it's his heart, but we can't rule it out for sure just yet. They're going to keep him overnight for observation and to monitor some enzyme levels which could indicate whether it's his heart or not. It may just be a combination of a sinus infection and overexertion (he's been remodeling their lakehouse for the past several weeks). It might be pneumonia...we really don't know. We're pretty sure it's not life-threatening, but still not a fun way to start out the new year.

On a more positive, albeit less important, note, while at the hospital, Dad and I got to watch the KU basketball game and see the Jayhawks come back from 16 points down to beat Georgia Tech by 2 in overtime. An excellent game to be sure!

That's all I've got for now. I'm in the middle of a 2004 meme, but am only about halfway through so far. Hopefully, it'll be done by Tuesday.

How's your 2005 going so far?


|