Wednesday, January 19, 2005

TV, TV and a little more TV

Finally caught the second episode of Surreal Life yesterday afternoon. (There are advantages to having a TV in your home office.) It wasn't near as good as the first one, but watching Verne Troyer (Mini-Me) get abused by a bunch of little kids was pretty funny. To his credit, he handled it pretty well. I've decided that Chyna is pretty much a freak...she said she usually doesn't go to bed until 7 a.m. and was just dancing around the whole house yelling names of the housemates...essentially preventing them from sleep. That's just not nice.

Moving on to prime time, I present to you the season premiere of American Idol. There's a fourth judge on this year's edition...Sugar Ray lead singer Mark McGrath. Not sure why he's there really.

I've said it before...I've really stopped feeling bad for these people who go on this show and then get annihilated by the judges. It's not like they don't know what's going to happen. They really need to do an honest self-appraisal and recognize that they just can't sing (and if they can't, then their friends should)!

The only time I feel bad for someone is when they flat out forget the words to a song. That just has to suck. To get that one chance and then blow it like that? It's gotta hurt.

The performance that stood out for me (in the first hour anyway) was a guy who said he was Toni Braxton's cousin. OH MY GOD was this guy horrible or what?! I don't think I've ever heard anyone that bad. The best part, though, was how arrogant he was. After he got cut, he went on camera and was just ripping on all of the judges. It was HI-LAR-I-OUS!

Now, I only watched the first hour, because I had to catch The Amazing Race at 8. Justice was finally served as the obnoxious Jonathan and victimized Victoria finally got booted. There's another couple that's getting on my nerves too, but I don't know their names. Let's just say I don't have high hopes for their relationship after this show is over (if it even lasts that long).

Other than that, it was a quiet evening and we just spent the night cleaning up house in preparation for one of K's friends to come over tonight.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

|