Monday, February 07, 2005

Blech

Yeah...it's Monday and I still feel like shit. Went to the doctor this morning and got some drugs. Hopefully, I'll be back to my normal chipper self in no time.

Weekend was fairly boring due in most part to the way I feel. I can't even remember Saturday except for K's 8:10 pm indoor soccer game. Her team won to improve to 2-0. This was followed by another game on Sunday morning where they won again and so they now sit at 3-0. K even had three goals in about three minutes on Sunday...she definitely was in a groove.

After the game, we headed over to Papa Keno's for an early lunch only to find out they don't open until noon on Sundays. So that sucked and I'm still wanting that pesto slice with chicken and black olive.

Yesterday afternoon I felt the worst I've felt since I got this bug in the first place, so I crawled up in bed and slept for three hours, only getting up because I felt some kind of weird obligation to watch the Super Bowl.

The game itself was alright...sloppily played, but it was a close game and the team I wanted to win won, so I can't complain about that. None of the commercials did much for me...I did kind of like the P. Diddy Diet Pepsi truck commercial, though.

The halftime show? Pretty much the worst I've seen in recent memory. Nothing against Paul McCartney...I like his music alright, but it's not who I want for halftime of the Super Bowl.

Time for me to get back to work...although I haven't done much of that today since I got stuck with chauffeur duty since K was watching the neighbor's kids during the crucial pickup and dropoff times and she had to take baby M to the doctor to make sure she didn't have an ear infection.

I am this close to taking this afternoon off as a sick day and going upstairs to sleep again.

Hope your Monday is better than mine.

(And now that I realize today is Monday, I feel like an ass for whining about how crappy I feel knowing that my buddy J is having a chemo treatment today...kind of puts things in perspective.)

Until Next Time...

|