Thursday, February 10, 2005

I Got Nothin'

Nothing of any real substance to post this morning. I'm (obviously) getting a late start on the whole work thing today.

As much as I enjoy sleep, I really need to force myself to get up a little earlier and be ready to work by 8:00. I find myself all too often taking advantage of the one-hour (soon to be two-hour) time difference between me and our corporate office. I could be so much more productive if I really applied myself.

I have to admit, too, that the whole working from home thing is a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be. Everyone here thinks of me as just being downstairs instead of really being at work (current situation withstanding). M starts screaming and I can't just ignore her. If I hear her, I'm certainly not going to make a phone call to a client while that's going on. J & L are getting better, but they still occasionally stick their heads in when I'm on the phone.

It's also tougher to get back on my old workout schedule of going to the gym on MWF over the lunch hour. Since I'm here, it's way easier for K to leave M at home while she runs J & L to pre-school and their speech class or, as often happens, she'll stay home with M and I'll run them to their different places that they have to be.

Today, I'm actually listening to music on headphones to drown out the upstairs noise. I usually just have it on the speakers, but that hasn't proved successful in eliminating distractions.

And...since I've now wasted 20 minutes putting this post together, I really should start working.

Have a good day everyone.

|